In celebration of Hobart’s 125th Anniversary, we would like to show our appreciation to our local communities for their support over the years. In true Hobart fashion, we want to “give back” to our communities by supporting local food retail businesses that are generously extending their hands in support of their communities.
Are you an independent grocer, deli, bakery, or butcher? Is your business more than just a business? Is it a means to fulfill your philanthropic passion to reach out to your community and help those in need? If so, we applaud you and want to help you take your passion for community service to the next level!
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Independent Restaurant Owners/Operators with no more than 9 store locations
- Independent Food Retail Store Owners/Operators with no more than 15 store locations
- Must be in operation for no less than 2 full years and in operation at the time of the contest
WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
Independent Food Retail Store Owners/Operators Prize Package:
- Choice of Hobart dishwashing equipment with retail value up to $18,000
- Choice of Hobart food prep equipment with retail value up to $25,000
- Choice of Hobart weighing equipment with retail value up to $10,000
- Installation of selected equipment and one (1) year of preventive maintenance (from time of installation) with a combined total retail value up to $10,000
- Total Approximate Retail Value: $63,000 USD
HOW TO ENTER
- Visit HERE and fill out the entry form (limit of one entry per store location).
- In 500 words or less, tell us how your business is proactively and uniquely engaging your local community to address humanitarian issues and support those in need.
- In 500 words or less, explain how important new equipment would be in enabling or furthering the impact of your community outreach initiatives.
HOW IS IT JUDGED?
- A panel of Hobart judges will review and score all entries and select finalists based on their story, community impact, and equipment need.
- Finalists will have an opportunity to submit a video expanding upon their story and how the prize package could help them further their community outreach initiatives.
- The Hobart Selection Panel will award one (1) independent food retail store owner/ operator with the corresponding prize package.
WHEN WILL THE WINNER BE ANNOUNCED?
- Entries may be submitted between May 5 and June 30, 2022.
- Finalists will be selected and notified no later than July 31, 2022.
- Finalist videos must be submitted no later than August 31, 2022.
- One (1) contest winner will be selected and notified no later than October 31, 2022.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Begins 5/5/22, ends 10/31/22. This trade promotion is open to stores located in the 50 United States and DC, that meet the criteria of an “Independent Food Retailer” as set forth in the Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. To enter, visit www.hobartcorp.com/125-years/contest and fill out the entry form, and the following items: (1) Describe the level and involvement of local philanthropy and community outreach that your store has engaged in since opening, including information on service and impact in the local community; and (2) Describe your equipment needs to continue to operate your store and continue to provide the community outreach that you have been providing. Entries and narratives will be reviewed and judged, and Sponsor will notify up to 10 finalists to prepare a video submission as further entry to the contest. All entries will be judged, and one (1) winner will be selected to win the prize package (AVR: $63,000 USD), including:
- Their choice of Hobart dishwashing equipment with retail value up to $18,000.
- Their choice of Hobart food preparation equipment with retail value up to $25,000
- Their choice of Hobart weighing equipment (scales) with retail value up to $10,000.
- Installation of selected equipment and one (1) year of preventive maintenance
(from time of installation) with combined total retail value up to $10,000.